Balkan Reflections

This blog has been set up to assist in communicating with friends and family while we are in Bosnia-Herzegovina

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Striving to a better day.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Things I Miss about Canada: (in no particular order)

Clear air.
Unobstructed sidewalks.
Large coffee cups
My friends and family
English books
English
Daily Mass
Manners
Crossing signals that mean something
Cars with at least one headlight.
Pharmacies
High chairs in restaurants
Canadian meat
Lower fat food (and I cannot believe I’m saying that!)
Law enforcement
Tenant privacy

Things I do NOT Miss about Canada

McDonald’s Restaurant
CBC
American News (no slight there. I don’t like EU news either!)
North American music videos (again, don’t like European ones either)
Architecture
Canadian Beer (the offerings here are very good and very cheap)
Canadian Wine (ditto)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clean air, sidewalks, lots of these we just take for granted. It is good to remebered how lucky we are!
I am enjoying your Blog very much. Thanks for sharing.Your friends K and C from CR.

4:09 pm  
Blogger WI Catholic said...

Cars with at least one headlight??

No headlights there?

5:39 am  
Blogger JP said...

Hi WI

There are headlights and most cars have two. But some cars drive at night with NONE. The rear lights are on, so you know it's not just that they've been forgotten.

This would tie in with missing rule of law, I think!

9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home