Balkan Reflections

This blog has been set up to assist in communicating with friends and family while we are in Bosnia-Herzegovina

Name:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Striving to a better day.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Well, I'm finally back. We just got our net connection at the apartment today. I apologize to those who have been faithfully and fruitlessly checking in!

We arrived here safely nine days ago. The flight was long but uneventful. The children behaved beautifully, and everything was either on time or early. I did find Gatwick airport unweildy, but we managed.

Our drive through Slovenia after our landing was gorgeous. Think of all the storybook pictures of big, square houses with flower boxes in every window! Everything appeared spotless.

The road through the Balkans was twisting and narrow (we were along the Sava River, but not on the main highway. I at times suspected I'd removed my motion sickness patch too soon!. This was compounded by the frequent sight of some very large truck bearing down on us at high speed around a curve on roads that appeared to be only 1 and a half lanes wide!

For those family and friends who have received pictures of our apartment, be assured that the pictures do not do it justice! It is VERY nice. My only real complaint so far is that the washer does not spin out well, and there's no dryer, so line drying in this relatively humid area is VERY slow.

Although I have not been online, I have been journalling, so I have a lot of material for this blog!

I plan to discuss attending Mass, differences between central Europe and home, the politics, as understood by me, the language(s) as understood by me, shopping, as understood by me the inveterate NON shopper, our day-to-day life, and that sort of thing. There are so many things that have caught the attention of the family!

Well, duty in the name of our youngest son calls, so I must go.

God Bless and hope to see you all tomorrow!

3 Comments:

Blogger WI Catholic said...

Will be watching for your entries. Glad you are safe!! Glad the trip was not TOOOOO bad. God bless!

7:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to experiencing this trip through your eyes and ears and understanding.

4:12 pm  
Blogger joy said...

Hi Jaye!
So good to hear all about your trip, and the neat & not so neat, things you are experiencing!
I'll check back regularly!
Luv
JOY

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home